- Don't wait for a special occasion to throw a party for friends and family!
- Choose a theme (by cuisine, season, region, etc.)
- Have more wine on hand than you think you'll need, along with plenty of non-alcoholic drinks, too. It's
always better to have leftovers than to run out.
- Set the tone with music, subtle lighting (try candles) and simple decorations such as flowers.
- Don't leave guests empty-handed - offer a glass of wine or other beverage as soon as they arrive.
- Have plenty of food, and remember, it's fine to keep it simple.
- Keep circulating! Try to make sure all your guests are comfortable.
- Small dishes are easy and fun. Prepare them ahead of time or enlist the help of a caterer so you can
enjoy time with your guests.
- Try a buffet - they keep guests moving, mingling and free to pick and choose. Include wine in the spread
so your guests can sample different wines with a variety of dishes.